Thursday, August 27, 2015

 
Bath Robe design made entirely on the serger
 
Every year the store where I teach regularly has a `Retreat`.  This year it is being held on the 10,11,12th November at Charlotte Harbor Event Center, Punta Gorda, FL 33950.  For more information check their website at:-
 
Last year I designed and taught a class to make the above bath robe.  Did I mention anywhere that I collect Kaffe Fassett fabric too!
 
It was only challenging because it had to be done in four hours (3.5 if you include breaks).  Something I have never quite come to terms with when teaching a class is people not finishing.  I feel I have failed them if we do not have a finished piece to take home.  However, I am thrilled to say that absolutely everyone got to the final Cover Stitch Hem.  A few preferred to take it home and use their sewing machine.
 
This pattern is available in the store at www.debcanhamstudio.com and includes instructions for working on any serger.

No comments:

Post a Comment